Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default REALLY easy question

Homework?

Put the values of x in consecutive cells in, say, column A.

Then in column B you can enter your formula, but use A rather than x,
i.e.:

=18 + 2*A1

in B1, and then copy down.

Do a similar thing for the other formulae you have in adjacent
columns. Then you can highlight the data and click on the Chart
Wizard, which will take you through things in nice easy steps.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 3, 8:28*am, Thatgirl
wrote:
I just don't know excel. period.

I have a bunch of formulas like 18+2x and 19+15x I'd like to make a line
graph to compare them... (x=1,2,3,4,etc.)

How do you translate those into excel-speak?