Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Find & Replace in Excel 2007

You may want to share what you're seaching for, too.

It could be a wildcard problem.

Use
~* to search for *
~? to search for ?
~~ to search for ~

RM wrote:

I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet with numbers (values) and text.
When I use the Find and Replace feature to fing a specific value in my
spreadsheet the find feature is not finding it. I also tried finding text
and I am having the same problem. Any idea if there is a bug in that feature
in the 2007 version or am I doing something wrong. If anyone wishes I can
email the specific spreadsheet and you try the find & Replace feature and let
me know if it works but you must use the 2007 of Excel version as that is
what I am using.

--

Dave Peterson