Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do i sort data record on two rows?

Copy down means select B2 with the formula entered then hover the cursor over
the lower right corner black lump untill you see a small black cross.

Click on the cross and drag down the column to "copy down".

The black lump is also known as the "fill handle"

If you don't see one, ToolsOptionsEdit.........enable drag and drop.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 07:43:05 -0700, anyole
wrote:

Pete gave me a formula =IF(A2)="",B1&MOD(ROW(A2),2),B2&MOD(ROW(A2),2)) to
put in a new column B2 and copy down. Excuse my ignorance but what does copy
down mean in excel parlance? Please help?