Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blessedx3 Blessedx3 is offline

Default Help with if statement (more than 7)

Awhile back, I came here and found a formula for an IF statement that had
more than 7 IFs. I put it into my spreadsheet and it worked perfectly...well
I saved over it and now it's gone :(

I hope someone here can get me the correct formula again. Here is my problem:
cell AR3 contains the month (1 for July, 2 for August, etc) and changes each
month. Cells BR4:BR19 contain year-to-date totals for our 16 water systems
from the prior year. The IF statement was something like =IF(AR$3<=1, AT4),
IF(AR$3<=2, AT4+AV4), IF(AR$3<=3, AT4+AV4+AX4), etc...

Obviously, this isn't correct because it doesn't work...LOL! I need column
BR to only add January when AR3=1, add January + February when AR3=2, add
January + February + March when AR3=3, etc.

Clear as mud, right? If anyone can help, I will be so very grateful!!!

THANKS!!!