Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LizandraT LizandraT is offline

Default Spreadsheet for bowling games?

Just that I have a few more changes to the codes that I'd like to make (but
don't really need to) and I was wondering if I might be able to get your
input on those. Since I doubt bowling scorecards are in very high demand on
here, I was wondering if it might be best for me to ask those questions in
private emails instead of holding up traffic on here.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hmmm...

Not sure what you mean.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LizandraT" wrote in message
Ok, I'm trying to make some more adjustments. Would you mind sharing some
more info? Would it be better to take that off-list?

Rachel

"T. Valko" wrote:

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LizandraT" wrote in message
I guess I owe you a Coke!!! Thank you so much!!!

"T. Valko" wrote:

there's a #NAME error.
...is(ISNUMBER(W4),T5+V4+W4,""))))

I'll bet ya a Coke that "is" is supposed to be IF !

There is a sample bowling file he

ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LizandraT" wrote in message
I'm trying to keep track of a league's scores, but would like to
keep
the
frame-by-frame scores as well. I don't know how to get the correct
logic
work for the entire game (mainly because I know very little about
Excel),
but
have found an example that works up until the last frame. Then it
only
works
if you happen to get a spare or strike in the 10th frame, otherwise
there's a
#NAME error. The code looks like this for the 10th frame only:

=IF(V4="X",IF(W4="X",IF(X4="X",T5+30,IF(ISNUMBER(X 4),T5+20+X4,"")),IF(ISNUMBER(W4),IF(X4="X",T5+20+W 4,IF(ISNUMBER(X4),T5+10+W4+X4,"")),"")),IF(ISNUMBE R(V4),IF(W4="/",IF(X4="X",T5+20,IF(ISNUMBER(X4),T5+10+X4,"")),is (ISNUMBER(W4),T5+V4+W4,""))))

Since I know so little about Excel logic, I can't tell where the
hang
up
is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!