Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Aligning lines in a chart

This is what I tried telling you to do. It wasn't until my post earlier
today when I remembered the easy Text to Columns way of converting your non
dates into Excel dates.

Glad you figured it out.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Rolf Barbakken" wrote in message
I've had trouble submitting posts to MS newsgroups, but I solved the
matter on Monday.

What I did was to create new dates in a third column. I created them using
the Datevalue() function, and then formatted the dates as dd.mm.yyyy. I
then set this column as the X-values for the graphs.

This solved everything!

Thank you for all help.

"Rolf Barbakken" wrote in
message ...
Hi

I have a chart created from three different worksheets. They are lists of
defects grouped on dates, and each sheet contains one status.

The x-axis has dates, the y-axis has number of defects.

The problem seems to be aligning the different lines from these
worksheets.
The groups are not on the same dates, so I have three tables that can
look
like this (only first three, sorted):
Date New Defects
27.05.2008 9
28.05.2008 14
29.05.2008 14

Date Fixed Defects
28.05.2008 7
29.05.2008 6
30.05.2008 8

Date Closed Defects
29.05.2008 1
02.06.2008 9
03.06.2008 3

So the lines in the chart does not align properly. Two of the lines end
far
right in the chart with no x-axis labels, for instance.

See results he http://www.questus.no/Default.aspx?tabid=38
Especially notice the bottom right corner.

How can I align these lines? How can I make sure the line values fall on
correct dates along the x-axis?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Rolf