Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Chart displaying "blank" cells?

"" isn't a blank, as you're figuring out. It's text, which Excel interprets
as zero. You can't make a chart show a gap in a cell that isn't blank, but
if you use NA() instead of "",

=IF(<condition=0,NA(),<formula)

The cell gets a big ugly #N/A error, which is not plotted in a line or XY
chart. If the chart has markers connected with lines, there will be no
marker where there is #N/A, and the line will be interpolated across where
the gap would have been.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Brandon" <crimson"underscore"m"at"hotmail.com wrote in message
In Excel 2007, I would like my chart to not display chart data for empty
cells.

On the "Hidden and Empty Cell Settings" I have "Show empty cells as:
Gaps".
I can't seem to get this to work, but my cells aren't empty perse. They
return a formula value:

=IF(<condition=0,"",<formula)

The cells that are being displayed (as 0) on the chart appear blank in the
spreadsheet. Any ideas?