Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Need step by step to add invoice numbering to excel template

Send the file to (remove all spaces)
Help From @ JLathamSite.com

I'll set it up for you and send it back along with instructions on how I did
it. It may take a day or so to get it back to you, I'm kind of loaded up for
at least the next 24-36 hours with priority projects.

"rmt" wrote:

I dont understand how to put the codes in the vba, please can i email you the
template and you can do it for me, or give me the example of how the code
should be placed. my next invoice number is AM8023. PLEASE.

"JLatham" wrote:

Start with this site - McGimpsey probably has the best explanation of how to
get it done around.
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

You could put AM in a cell, right aligned, and the number returned using his
method in the cell next to it, left aligned, and it would look like AM8023.

"rmt" wrote:

I created a template in excel, now i need to create invoice numbering
starting with AM8023. I am new to 2007, please give me step by step
procedures, Please.