Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Vlookup Function with multiple worksheets

Not enough detail.

You want to perform a lookup on several sheets for a name.

Ok, now fill in the details. This is the kind of info we would need to make
a suggestion:

How many sheets? What are the sheet names? Are they random names (Miami,
Pittsburgh, Buffalo) or do they have some kind of sequential pattern
(Region1, Region2, Region3)? Do all these sheets have the same layout? (this
would be *required* for a lookup to work). Where would we find the name on
these sheets? Might a name appear on more than one sheet? Once we find the
name, then what? Where is the data located that you want to return?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dahliahlu" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I've been looking through the past discussions but could not find the
answer
to my problem.

I have a document with several worksheets.
There are individual wkshts organized by location. They have the
location/professor and all the other info in them.

Then there are two summary wkshts, 1 organized by location, the other by
professor.

I am looking for the easiest way to keep the summary pages updated
automatically and right now,
I have a vlookup function on the wksht organized by professor.

Is there any way for me to be able to input a formula that would
allow me to search multiple worksheets for a text value "professor name"
and input the corresponding location and etc. under it?

Thanks guys