Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default IF STATEMENTS COMBINED WITH VLOOKUPS

Which two columns? Are they always the same 2 columns?

IF is not likely to work but you may be able to use a concatenation, but we
need to know more.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"peggyL" wrote:

I have a large database with part specifications. I am trying to do a
vlookup based on the results of 2 columns of information, instead of one.
See below "database":

col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4 col
5 col 6
cstmr name part no. part spec tolerance length
packing info

Many times, the part number is the same for 2 customers, however some of the
data in the other columns are different (the length may vary, packing info
different, etc). I want my vlookup to meet two lookup values, rather than
one. I'm thinking an IF statement has to be factored in there somewhere, but
can't figure it out. Thanks for any help you can offer