Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advancing lookups and comparisons

Something along the lines of

=MAX(Sheet1!$A$3:$A$15)

You don't say what the sheets are named.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"ahern79" wrote in message
its a bit more then I normally do. heres the set up.

I have a book with 3 pages. Each page is set the same way.
A1 - Property Number (Unique identifier)
A2 - Property Name (can be the same)
A3 through A15 - Dates of Renovation

The first page is the MAIN sheet.
Each Preceding page is from a different data set.

I'm trying to (on the Main Sheet) get the most recent date from each
preceding sheet of the Renovation date based on the Property Number.

some sort of Match and lookup formula, but I cant figure it out.

thank you in advance for your help.