Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Save As Other Formats

Hi Leo

This is a Windows setting

If you not see the extensions of your files in Windows Explorer you can do this to see them.

1: Open Windows Explorer
2: Win XP : Click on ToolsFolder Options
2: Vista : Click on OrganizeFolder and Search Options
3: On the View tab uncheck €œHide extensions for known file types"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Leo" wrote in message ...
On my version of Excel 2007, I press save as, choose another format and it
shows me all of the extensions next to each one ie: Web Page (*.htm and
*html)..another person in the office doesn't have any of these, only the
words.

Any help on getting those to appear on that system?

Leo