Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cheryl Morris Cheryl Morris is offline

Default Workaround for repeating labels in Excel for a pivot table field

Please see below for an example of a workaround:

=== Start of original email ============================
title : How do I repeat labels in Excel for a pivot table field?
author : sonya
date : Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:29:41 -0800

content : I can't figure out how to show a label on a pivot table without
hiding
duplicates. For example, instead of the standard pivot summary:

Part Number Work Center Qty
ABC 1 20
2 35
XYZ 5 40
8 20
I want to see it like this with all information shown (nothing compressed):
ABC 1 20
ABC 2 20
XYZ 5 40
XYZ 8 20
=== End of original email ==========================

Hi Sonya,

Let's say that the data you wanted to put in a PivotTable looked like this:
Part Number Work Center Qty
ABC 1 10
ABC 1 10
ABC 2 5
ABC 2 10
XYZ 5 40
XYZ 8 5
XYZ 8 15

I suggest creating a Super Label by concatenating "Part Number" and "Work
Center" thus:
Part Number Work Center Concatenate Qty
ABC 1 ABC1 10
ABC 1 ABC1 10
ABC 2 ABC2 5
ABC 2 ABC2 10
XYZ 5 XYZ5 40
XYZ 8 XYZ8 5
XYZ 8 XYZ8 15

Next, create a PivotTable using "Concatenate" as the first PivotTable Row,
the "Part Number" as the 2nd PT Row and the "Work Center" as the 3rd PT Row.

Select the 'Qty" as the PT Column and Sum it.

You'll then have to copy the PT's values and delete the lines you don't want.
Spot-check some of the rows and the Totals.

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/103432861.aspx