Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Time difference

Select the cells that have the formula calculating the time difference and
click FORMAT, CELLS in the menu. Click the NUMBER tab and in the CATEGORY
column scroll down until CUSTOM shows up in the list. Select the CUSTOM
format and in the TYPE list box scroll down until you find the following time
format:

[h]:mm:ss

--
Kevin Backmann

"aliya.pawaskar" wrote:

Hi,

I am doing a time and motion study and we have 2 columns Start Time and End
Time. the third column is the Time difference for the Start Time and End Time.
My problem arise when the day changes, i.e. We work night shifts and if we
start something before 12:00 AM and ends after 12:00 AM, the difference
column does not give me result.
Can somebody please help?

Thanks,
Aliya