Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default suddenly can't enter comments

But xl2k will have an option that's equivalent.

If I recall correctly, there are 3 checkboxes (contents, objects and scenarios)
on the Tools|Protect|Protect sheet dialog.

The OP wants to uncheck Objects (I think uncheck means allow users to change).

Gord Dibben wrote:

If multiple sheets are selected you will see [Group] in the title bar after the
workbook name.

Right-click on a any sheet tab and "ungroup sheets".

Excel 2002 introduced the extra options when protecting a sheet.

2000 will not have "edit objects".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:15:03 -0700, Berol
wrote:

Copy of my post and your reply below. Forgot to mention am using Excel 2000,
not sure how to check if multiple sheets are grouped also can't find "Edit
Objects" Thanks, Regards, Dave

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Do you have multiple sheets grouped?

Did you protect the worksheet?

In xl2003, you'd do:
tools|Protection|protect sheet
to protect the sheet

But check the "Edit Objects" to allow commenting.

Berol wrote:

Suddenly I can't enter comments on my worksheet. What do I need to switch on
so I may enter them? Also if I want to keep a worksheet from being accidently
changed by me, as I'm the only person using the computer, how do I to lock
the worksheet but am still able to add and modify comments?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson