Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Randomly populate a list into empty cells

See if the following formula will do the trick:

=INDEX($A:$A,RANDBETWEEN(1,COUNTA($A2:$A397)),RAND BETWEEN(1,1))

Replacing $A:$A in the INDEX function with the column your word or phrases
are in and the range $A2:$A397 in the COUNTA function with the actual range
your words/phrases occupy.

Copy the formula down so it's in 6 rows. In the event the same item gets
selected twice, press F9 to recalc.

Hope this helps.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Throme88" wrote:

What I have is a list of 20 word phrases that I need to be randomly assigned
to 6 empty cells. If anyone has any advice, thank you.