Malvaro Malvaro is offline
Junior Member

Thanks much! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Valko View Post
Try this:

=LOOKUP(1E100,SEARCH(F$2:F$7,A2),F$2:F$7)

Where F2:F7 is your list of keywords.

a comment field should only contain one keyword.

If a cell contains more than one keyword the result will be the matched
keyword listed *last* in the range F2:F7.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Malvaro" wrote in message

I'll try to describe all the relevant information...

Column A - contains comment fields, randomly containing keyword(s)
Column B - contains the unknown search formula, yet to be determined
RangeXYZ - contains a list of multiple keywords

I wants the formula in B2 to search the comment field A2 using the
entire list of keywords found in RangeXYZ. The general assumption can
be made that a comment field should only contain one keyword. I'd like
A2 to result in a blank or "NA#" if nothing was found... or the
keyword, if any keyword was found.

For example:
A2 = "The customer was happy about their widget."
B2 = Unknown search formula, resulting in "widget"
RangeXYZ contains = widget, newspaper, sports car, computer,
calculator

I hope that I provided enough information...

Thanks for any help or insight...

--
Malvaro