Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
spiz via OfficeKB.com spiz via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Automatic update multiple files

Hi,
I have a folder with multiple excel reports from different people providing
data from different areas using the same chart format.
there is multiple data sections and dynamic charts in each file.

every month, the data in each chart has to be moved one cell over for the
next data to be seen on the chart. done by:
right clicksource dataseries
values and category fields in each series listed in series box bumped up one
letter (cell)

i have a long macro from an unrelated report that allows me to take data from
multiple sources and updates a master report with the click of a button. i
would like to incorporate that for this project.

Afterwards, each chart is placed in a word document, which i would also like
to be automatically updated when the button is pushed (however, linking it to
the master would work also - if need be)

Any input would be welcome! (Please let me know if that was confusing)