Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Dates-Conversion

Sorry Lisa but your question is not clear. I think you need to be more
specific, what exactly do you mean by the "correct date"? And what do you
mean by "if 2003 is in 2003"?

In your original example you refer to A1, B2, and B3 (as column titles?) Do
you mean columns A, B, C?

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Lisa12" wrote:

What if I need A1 to look through B for the correct date? I would need a
vlookup for B2 and B3?

In other words if 2002 is in column B then return A
If 2003 is in 2003 then return B

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Lisa12

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Convert the date to a year instead

=IF(A1=YEAR(B2),B3,"")

Peo Sjoblom

"Lisa12" wrote in message
I am trying to have Excel look at two cells and verify if they are =. The
problem is one is formatted as a number and the second is formatted as a
date. How can I make it look at the number as a date?

A1 B2 B3
2002 1/1/2002 A
2003 1/1/2003 B
2004 1/1/2004 C

I need to return a value from B3 if A1 is = to B2, but right now I am not
comparing a date to a date, and when I try to convert 2002 to a date, it
converts to 1905.

Please help.

Thank you,

Lisa12