Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Consolidation of sheets

Maybe just use a simple sandwich
Insert 2 new blank sheets named: First, Last

Move all sheets to be summed within the above 2 sheets

Then in your summary/consol sheet
you could use in say, B2: =SUM(First:Last!A2)
and copy B2 across/fill down

Any new sheets to be added, just move it within First, Last
--
Max
Singapore
"Prem Kumar" wrote:
I have 3 excel sheets within the same file and the header information in all
the three excel sheets are the same. I need a macro to create a new sheet
that will have the sum of the data that is available in the 3 sheets, I want
the macro to be dynamic. That is, even if i include an additional sheet, the
macro should be able to sum that data as well. For instance

If I have 3 sheets then the consolidation should happen in the 4th sheet. If
I have 4 sheets, then the consolidation should happen in the 5th sheet and so
on.