Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Data Validation Formulas

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"leimst" wrote in message
Thank you so much for the help! That seemed to have done the trick. Been
working with this off and on for days and couldn't get it to work! Thanks
again!

Brian

"T. Valko" wrote in message
=AND(ISTEXT(B3),C3=DATE(2008,1,1),C3<=DATE(2012, 12,31))

Uncheck the "ignore blank" check box

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"leimst" wrote in message

I am using data validation formulas under the "custom" drop-down"
heading to control the allowed input into a given cell. However, I also
wanted to include in the expression a constraint that would not allow an
entry until the previous cell had been filled as well. It seems that
when I add "NOT(ISBLANK(B3))", "ISTEXT(B3))" or any other entry to my
formula controlling C3, i.e.
"=AND(ISTEXT(B3),C3=DATE(2008,1,1),C3<=DATE(2012, 12,31))", the formula
stops activating the Error Alert and allows me to enter anything I want.
Any thoughts on why the formula would stop performing once I reference a
cell other than the one I am making an entry in?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Brian