Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Go to cell - Query

Assuming your product list in Column A, and criteria in B1

In C1: =HYPERLINK("[#Book1.xlxs]Sheet1!A"&MATCH(B1&"*",A:A,0),B1)

"Bill" wrote:

Hi,

I have a work sheet that lists produts in alphabetical order.

The top of my work sheet displays the alphabet and each letter has a cell.

Under this row the letter A is and it has 7 blank rows under it - to display
products beginning with the letter A and then the letter B is on the next row
and this has 7 blank rows underneath it and it will store products beginning
with B etc.

Can a function be set up to do the following. When I select a letter from
the alphabet on the top row say P, the page automatically goes to my list of
products beginning with P.

If possible I would prefer not to use macros.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,

Bill