Myrna Larson

The character to add is Chr$(10).

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 06:25:48 -0700, "JL"
wrote:

I am trying to manipulate strings dumped into Excel from
another system. I am combining strings from column G into
a single cell in column H, which works well. However, I
don't want the strings strung together in the cell. I
would like to do the equivalent of the ALT + enter
function after each string so that they are in their
own "lines". I would think that this would be possible,
but can't figure it out. A portion of my code is below.

Thank you

Dim ct As Integer
ct = 0
test = 0
If ActiveCell.Value < "" Then
loop1:
ct = ct + 1
cmb = ActiveCell.Value
If ActiveCell.Offset(ct, 0).Value = " " Then
Do Until test = ct
cmb = cmb & ActiveCell.Offset(test + 1, 0).Value 'need
help here
test = test + 1
Loop

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = cmb