Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ellen ellen is offline

Default merging cells and not losing data

I was typing into a merged cell which was approximately 20 rows long by 9
column wide. It only appears on one page. In the box at the top of the screen
that has the "Fx" in front it, I can view every single word I've typed. It's
quite lengthy. But when I click back into my Excel document, only about half
of the words appear. And there is plenty of empty space left in my merged
cell area. I've tried making the font smaller, unmerging the cells, copying
my text into one cell and remerging the cells (forcing the text into the
merged area), etc. Everything is wrapped appropriately and I've tried Alt +
Enter, which did not do what I needed. Simply, how can I view all of the text
that I've typed in my merged cells. Why is the text disappearing?

Ellen