Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Raj Mahapatra Raj Mahapatra is offline

Default auto sum column containing words and numbers

HI Trina,
you Can use this formula of sumif
=sumif(totalrange,"<0",totalrange)+sumif(totalrang e,"0",totalrange)

thanks
Raj

"Tacrier" wrote:

I have one column of imported data that contains about 12000 rows of text and
numbers.

I would like to find out the dollar total of the numbers only, BEFORE i
start formatting the data (text to columns, etc). Because the dollar total
will be in the the millions I would like to have a reference dollar total so
that I know if I have made a mistake at anytime i.e. accidentally delete a
row.

Is it possible to find a sum first?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Trina