Dave Peterson

Search Excel's help for: "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks".

You'll find that worksheet protection can't be changed.

I think you'll have to either compromise (take off protection or take off
sharing--or change your philosphy).

Maybe you could just hide that worksheet (leaving it unprotected) and have the
userform do everything you want.

Andrew wrote:

I use a Workbook to control bookings in a restaurant. To eliminate the
possibility of less experienced users deleting data, deleting columns etc the
Worksheets are protected via password. When a new booking is made they click
on a macro button that will produce a user form for them to key the data into
and then press ok. The macro will then unprotect the worksheet
(ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="xxxxxx"), puts the correct data into the
correct fields an protect the worksheet again.

There are more things done but this is the first stumbling block. If I get
through this I should be fine to continue.

Thanks

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

You can't change the protection in a shared workbook. If you explain
what you're trying to do during the protect and unprotect, perhaps
someone could suggest a different way to accomplish the task.

Andrew wrote:
I want to share a workbook that has macros and is on a network. The macros
(amongst other things) will protect and unprotect the sheet but once I make
the workbook shared I lose this functionality.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

--