Dave Peterson

Why do you have two back slashes after the H: portion.

And both of these formats worked ok for me.

To just open the workbook:
=HYPERLINK("C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls","whatever")

To go to a certain cell on a worksheet:
=HYPERLINK("C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls#sheet3!d99","whatever")

Frustrated Engineer wrote:

Dave & Carol,

Thank you both for the help, but it still doesn't work.

Here's what I have as the hyperlink within file A:

=HYPERLINK("[H:\\Battery Control Systems\Customer Programs\Standard Pack
DV\BMS DV Test Plan 30mar05.xls]BCM In-Out I&V!", "BCM In-Out I&V")

Anymore recommendations?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd guess you had a typo.

You may want to post the way you did the hyperlink (insert|link or
=hyperlink()???).

And what your hyperlink address was.

(Don't have any octothorpes (#) in the filename/sheetnames.)

Frustrated Engineer wrote:

I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a
bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked.
When I opened A again and clicked the hyperlink, it said "The address of the
site is not valid...Check the address and try again."

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson