Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pallaver pallaver is offline

Default .AddItem list and populating combobox with created list

Ahh... I had changed the combobox name on the userform because I was
getting frustrated and was trying new things but forgot about that.
Didn't realize that's how the combobox and the list hooked up
together. I think I actually may not be confused anymore about this,
great news there.

Also, the explanation of "fmStyleDropDownList" vs.
"fmStyleDropDownCombo" is just what I've been looking for online this
entire time but been unable to find as well.

I'm sure this would all be easier on a computer with software in
English....

Thanks again for your help.

On 6¤ë27¤é, ¤È«e9:28, Dave Peterson wrote:
Do you have a combobox on that userform named cboDirect? It looked that way
from your code--but I could have guessed wrong.

If a combobox on a userform has a style of fmStyleDropDownList, then the user
can only choose from the items on the list. They can type in a value, but it
has to match an existing entry in that list.

If the combobox on a userform has a style of fmStyleDropDownCombo, then the user
can type any value--on the list or not on the list.

I don't see anything in your code (or mine!) that would cause errors.