Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ted M H Ted M H is offline

Default Excel 2003: How to nudge a chart element or shape on a chart?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid this was the case, but didn't want to
leave the assumption untested.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

I don't think so. As you point out cursor keys move between elements
rather than re-position them.

Other than using the mouse the only way would be via code. Creating a
user form to allow you to select the shape to move and buttons to adjust
the position.

Cheers
Andy

Ted M H wrote:
I'm looking to determine whether or not it's possible to nudge a selected
chart object or a shape or text box that's been added to a chart. When I add
a text box or other shape to a worksheet I select it and then use the arrow
keys to nudge it around. In Charts, however, the arrow keys are used for
selection rather than moving.

So the question is: Is there a way to nudge chart objects for precise
placement on the chart?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info