Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Subtracting curves

I missed the interpolation remark. You could either fit both series to a
curve (trendline) and use the fitting parameters to determine the
difference, or you could do the interpolation, wither using worksheet
formulas or VBA.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
On Jun 25, 5:28 pm, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
Are you offsetting all points of a series by the same amount? Then just
add
or subtract the amount from each data value in the worksheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message

Dear All

I am looking to subtract a baseline from graphs, but I have not found
a method of subtracting curves in Excel. More specifically, I am
looking to compensate for machine slack during compression testing,
thus the baseline will be consistent from data set to data set. A
colleague has designed a fairly complicated multi sheet workbook that
interpolates the data ranges before graphing, but it has it's errors
and is still not perfect. The best solution I have found so far is a
program called FindGraph, but I am hoping to find a solution within
Excel (ie: free!). Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance

Andy- Hide quoted text -

Hi Jon

Unfortunately it's not as simple as that. While the data ranges
covered are the same, the data points within the ranges do not match
up across the ranges, hence the interpolation calculations being done
at the moment.

Andy