Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved Steved is offline

Default Is this right please.

Hello Gaurav

Thankyou

I just looked at the two figures and not thinking trough the process

Thanks for putting me on the right track so to speak.

Steved

"Gaurav" wrote:

The answer is absolutely correct.

Consider 2 scenarios

1 complaint every 10 customers
1 complaint every 20 customers

Which one is better?

Of course the second one. The defect rate for first one is 10% and the
defect rate for second one is 5%.

larger number of customers and same number of complaints means a better
process.

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello Mike H from Steved

Thankyou

600702 and 59 complaints gives me the total "10" per 100000
418981 and 59 complaints gives me the total "14" per 100000

I would have thought 600702 would be higher

Am I missing something here It is very early in the morning

Thankyou.

"Mike H" wrote:

If you want to round to the nearest whole number then yes it is

Mike

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

The objective is how many complaints per 100,000 passengers

949,343 passengers in Cell G35
52 complaints in Cell G43
The formula is =G43*100000/G35 in Cell G45 giving me a total off
5 complaints per 100000 passengers

Thankyou.