Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

Default Countif using multiple references

Basically for I want to count all values in columns c-d only if the start and
end date for that in the corresponding row match my cirteria

example

column a column B column C Colum D

start date end date factory 1 Factory 2
6/1/08 6/30/08 x
7/1/08 7/2/08
6/1/08 6/2/08 x

So i want a total count columns c and d only if the start date =6/1/08 and
<=6/30/08.

so the answer I want is 3.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to count the data in range c-h

What *exactly* do you want to count?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"K" wrote in message
hey guys please help me out.

I have a flat file that has start date in column a, and end date in column
and data in columns c - h. I want to count the data in range c-h but only
if
the start and end dates in column a and b are within a certain date
parameter.

I have read differnt answers here using countif and also sumproduct but
I'm
not sure what the argument should be or the syntax.

could you please help out?