Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default vlookup or what?

PD,

Select the data, then use Data / Pivot Table... and click OK. Then drag the country code column
header button to both the row area and the data area, and Excel will create a summary table of
counts.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
I have a little database which arrives periodically, and I would like to chart the number of
members by nation. I can't recall ever having this opportunity before. The nations are standard ISO
codes (UA, UK, US, UY) and not numeric. Is there a way to organize these entries somewhat
automatically for charting?

Alternately, I wondered if I filtered the nation column, is there a way to export all the unique
entries, preparatory to counting this by hand (so to speak) . . .

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York