Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Aligning lines in a chart

You forgot to tell us what type of chart you are using. If that is a line
chart, it may be worth seeing what happens when you change it to an XY
chart.
You have also made it difficult to see what's happening by choosing smoothed
lines, rather than straight lines, and by not displaying markers for the
data points.
--
David Biddulph

"Rolf Barbakken" wrote in message
Hi

I have a chart created from three different worksheets. They are lists of
defects grouped on dates, and each sheet contains one status.

The x-axis has dates, the y-axis has number of defects.

The problem seems to be aligning the different lines from these
worksheets.
The groups are not on the same dates, so I have three tables that can look
like this (only first three, sorted):
Date New Defects
27.05.2008 9
28.05.2008 14
29.05.2008 14

Date Fixed Defects
28.05.2008 7
29.05.2008 6
30.05.2008 8

Date Closed Defects
29.05.2008 1
02.06.2008 9
03.06.2008 3

So the lines in the chart does not align properly. Two of the lines end
far
right in the chart with no x-axis labels, for instance.

See results he http://www.questus.no/Default.aspx?tabid=38
Especially notice the bottom right corner.

How can I align these lines? How can I make sure the line values fall on
correct dates along the x-axis?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Rolf