Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Glenn Glenn is offline

Default Calculating Time

Meenie wrote:
I have Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet (I didn't create this spreadsheet and it has much info
filled in) that has a column showing the start date, next column shows the
start time in military time, ,next column shows the end date, next column
shows the end time in military time.
I need a column to show how many hours/mins that equals. IE if column G row
3 = 5/28/2008; Column H row 3 = 1000; Column I row 3 = 5/29/2008; Column J
row 3 = 900; that would be an elapsed time of 23 hours.
How can I make a formula to make it figure that elapsed time ?
Thanks, Meenie

=(I3-G3)+((J3-H3)/2400)

The result will be 0.95833, so format the cell as time to get 23:00.

If you want the result to be the number 23,

=((I3-G3)+((J3-H3)/2400))*24