Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Logical test IF a decimal was typed in a cell

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:10:00 -0700, jheath.bc
wrote:

The entry format doesn't use a decimal, but it would be nice if I could
enter "16." for 16 feet instead of 160000. Hence the test for a decimal point.

The only way I know of to differentiate 16 and 16. during data entry would be
if the 16. were entered as text. One way to do that would be to precede the
entry with a single quote, so you would enter '16.

I'm not sure if this would be enough quicker and error-free compared with
entering 160000 to make it worthwhile.
--ron