Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I print sheet , with actual file save date in footer?

Thisworkbook is where the before_print code is entered.

The UDF and the macro should go into a general module.

Gord

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:29:02 -0700, autsumi
wrote:

Thank you! I also figured out that if you paste the UDF in "This Workbook"
instead of a "Module", then it auto refreshes. Thanks again. Great tip!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

It will refresh if you use the Before_Print code.

Otherwise you have to run the PathInFooter Sub each time you print.

Gord

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:08:01 -0700, autsumi
wrote:

Very helpful tip thank you! For some reason having trouble getting the date
in the footer to auto refresh without rerunning the macro. Thank you.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Add this UDF and macro to your workbook.

Function DocProps(prop As String)
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

=DocProps("last author")
or
=DocProps("last save time")
or
-DocProps("creation date")

Sub PathInFooter()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = DocProps("last save time")
End Sub

NOTE: the code could be included in a Before_Print routine.

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = DocProps("last save time")
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP