Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stevie G Stevie G is offline

Default Index or match?

Im relatively new to using the index function but believe it will do what i
need. I have a bit of experience using Vlookup but i dont think it will do
the job for what I need.

I have a price list for blinds which is divided by height and width. I want
to be able to put the height and width into a cell or cells and then use a
lookup formula to return the price, sometimes if the blidn doesnt match the
exact size we always round it to the closet value in the table.

eg of table

609 813
914 23.53 29.05
1219 25.91 32.27
1524 28.34 35.49

so if the blind was 810 by 910 the price would be 29.05

Can anyone suggest a formula which will do this for me