Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kal4000 kal4000 is offline

Default Define Dynamic Name

Even if my drop down is on a different sheet than the dynamic list?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Try it this way when on the sheet desired. Excel will fill in the sheet name
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)-1,1)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"kal4000" wrote in message
I am trying to define a dynamic name for a drop down menu. I have a
worksheet named TST Week with a list of dates starting in cell A3 (Date
header in A2, nothing in A1). I would like to be able to add indefinite
more
dates in the future in column A and have those show up on the drop down
menu
as they are added as well as all the previous dates. However, when I try
this equation, it evaluates to an error. =OFFSET(TST Week!$A$1,COUNTA(TST
Week!$A:$A),0,COUNTA(TST Week!$A:$A)-1,1). Where am I going wrong?