Jon Peltier

No Summer?

This might do what you want. Arrange your data as shown below, and make your column
chart. Series A will have two columns on the left, and series B will have two on the
right. You can double click a series, and on the Options tab change the settings for
Overlap and Gap Width to make it look better.

A B
a1 2
a2 2.5

b1 3
b2 5.5

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

springwinterfall wrote:

I am trying to make a column plot with two groups of data.

A a1 2
a2 2.5

B b1 3
b2 5.5

I am trying to make a1, a2, b1, b2 as stand alone column and I also want to
have a series name for a1, a2 and another name for b1 and b2. Can I do this
in Excel?

If I try to make two series, it can only have 2 x axis values. Basically, I
want to plot series A first and then series B. But I want to put them in the
same plot.. Many Thanks.