Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kimti Kimti is offline

Default Conditional formating based on other cells

Thank you very much for your help. It worked.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

That would not be Conditional Formatting

From John McGimpsey...................

Using circular references and worksheet functions
You can use a circular reference to enter the time when a change is made in
another cell, then maintain that time. Choose Tools/Options/Calculation
(Preferences/Calculation for Macs) and check the Iteration checkbox. Then, if
your target cell is A1 and you want the date/time to appear in A1, enter this in
A1:

=IF(B1="","",IF(A1="",NOW(),A1))

Format A1 as you wish to display date, time, or both. If B1 is initially blank,
A1 will return a null string (""). When a value is entered into B1, A1 will
evaluate as "", therefore NOW() will be returned. After that (as long as B1
remains populated), A1 will evaluate to a date/time and therefore will return
the value in A1 - i.e., the date/time.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:58:01 -0700, Kimti
wrote:

I want to see todays date in cell A1 if I type any thing in cell B1, and I
want that date to stay same until I delete the value in cell B1