Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default mixed text and formula results

=IF(AVERAGE(B3:B16)18,
"Exceeds allowable hours by"&TEXT(AVERAGE(B3:B16)-18,"0.00"),
AVERAGE(B3:B16))

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"johnu" wrote in message
I need to track the hours of part time employees to ensure that the average
number hours per week they work does not exceed 18. Calculating the
average
is easy enough but I would like the cell to display how many hours over
the
average they have worked. For example, if the employee worked 37 hours in
two weeks the cell should say "Exceeded allotted hours by 1.00". The
formula
so far is =IF(AVERAGE(B3:B16)18,"exceeds allowable hours by",
AVERAGE(B3:B16))
Thank you