Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Dropdown list

Check out this web page of Debra Dalgleish:

HTH,

RD

"Nita Carmicle" wrote in message
I entered a list in a single column and created a Name for the cells. From
Name, on the Insert menu, I chose Define. I typed the Name in 'Names in
workbook' box, deleted 'Refers to' contents and hi-lited the cells
containing
the list. (For the other workbooks, I hi-lited the original workbook list).
I hi-lited the destination cells. From the Data menu, I chose Validation,
chose Settings. In the Allow box I chose List. In the Source box, I typed
the list Name, preceded by = sign. For Style, I selected Information (to
allow other data to be entered).

When I open any of the worksheets, I see the dropdowns and everything works
fine. But, when other users click on the dropdown, it's either blank or the
error alert message "Invalid dated is entered".

Nita Carmicle
Cleveland, OH

"RagDyeR" wrote:

What method did you use to create the list, and what is the error message?

RD

"Nita Carmicle" <Nita wrote in message
I have created a dropdown list in Windows NT, Excel 2002. The dropdown is
in
multiple workbooks on a shared drive. The workbooks however, are not
shared
workbooks. We are having a problem with all users being able to use the
dropdown.

The box/arrow is in each cell, but either the list doesn't appear or an
error message is received when clicking in any cell. How can we remedy
this?