Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
brenadine brenadine is offline

Default how do I sum all of the $ payments made between two dates

Can anyone help me do this when the range is across worksheets? I have a
worksheet for each month, each row in an invoice with the amount in column I
and the date payment was posted in column M. I want to total the payments
made by date posted, so they could be on previous worksheets.

"Andrew" wrote:

I have a summary sheet where I want to know show the sum of all invoices paid
per month. In the "invoices" sheet I enter the invoices, the amount, data
paid etc.

I have tried to use sumif and, for the criteria, used dates as a serial
number to select any date range that is of interest.

Gives me an error and I'm out of ideas.

Andrew