Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Anti-alising in copied charts

The chart and shape infrastructure has changed in Excel 2007 and presumably
2008, to accommodate the ability to apply more formatting options. They've
also built in some anti-aliasing into the shapes and charts, which IMO is
stupid to do to a metafile. The result is a lack of uniformity of the shape
elements in a chart that's pasted as a metafile, especially if the
resolution (dpi) is different in the pasted chart and in the original chart.

I don't know much more about it, because I haven't had to work in 2007 all
that much yet (by choice I stay in 2003). It's next to impossible to get any
help in terms of programming the formats of shapes and charts in 2007; the
macro recorder is kaput for this, and the help is even less helpful than
ever before.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Posterizer" wrote in message
BTW, I had posted this question previously in
microsoft.public.mac.office.excel group and was directed to this blog
posting, hence my comment about this being noted in the Windows version
too. I'm just curious if anyone here knows any more on the subject.

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...-comparison-of
-exported-charts/

thanks,
Dennis