Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Cells

Damien,

I'm not sure why, since I get four options when I right click on any of the
selected blanks cells... I'm using XL2003, though I don't recall it being
any different in earlier versions, and I have never tried it in XL2007.

Bernie

"DamienO" wrote in message
Hi Bernie,
The process worked fine up to the rt-click part.
It only gives me the option to delete entire row or entire column. Either
option deletes information

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

I guess I read it too quickly - after using the go to part, rt-click and
choose Delete /
Shift-cells up OR Shift cells left then press OK.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

What if C10 is blank but D10 has data? How are you planning on
deleting just blank cells if the whole row isn't blank?

Damien,

Select columns, then use Edit / Go To... Special Blanks OK, then
Rt-Click any of the blank
cells, then choose Delete / Entire Row OK.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"DamienO" wrote in message

I have sheets with data in adjoining columns. Not every cell has
data. I want
to removed all the empty cells and leave only a full page of data.
At the
moment the only way I can think of is advance filtering for
non-blanks but I
have to do this for each individual column which is time consuming
(multiple
sheets etc)
Alternatively would there be a way of filtering all the columns for
specific words and returning only cells that meet certain criteria