Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Charting a variable range

Andy,

Thanks, it never occured to me to try that, it works perfectly.

Mike

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Instead of "", which get charted as zero, use NA().
NA's do not have their points plotted although the line will be
interpolated between any valid points.

Cheers
Andy

Mike H wrote:
Hi,

Graphs are not my strong point so in easy steps please.

I have a data range of 31 cells and the value in each cell is derived by a
formula. Basically if the date in another cell is today() the formula
evaluates as null ("") and if <= today a value is populated.

Currently I'm graphing the full 31 cells so the data line drops down to zero
when it reaches the null values . Sometimes the real values are zero and
these graph the same as the null values which is presenting a false picture.
So what I would like to do is have the line stop i.e only graph values that
aren't null and I can't work out how to do this in the data range for the
graph.

Please point me in the right direction.

Mike

--