David McRitchie

Could you supply information on what parts of Office 2003, Excel 2003
and Windows (version?) that you removed to get things running faster.

"Spinner" wrote...
It is these latter issues I focused on yesterday (i.e. what is using the
memory). This, together with ripping out "nice-to-have-but-probably-wont-use"
office 2003 features, improved things dramatically. I still have concerns
over a few things (identified the linked article) but the system is now
performing well enough to go back into production. (I was seriously
considering taking the system back to Office 2000 and ironing out the
performance issues on an alternate system.