Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky Spiky is offline

Default Comments question

On Jun 22, 11:39 pm, Esradekan wrote:
On Jun 19, 5:47 pm, Nayab wrote:

On Jun 18, 11:56 am, Esradekan wrote:

On Jun 18, 12:16 am, Nayab wrote:

On Jun 17, 5:12 pm, Esradekan wrote:

On Jun 17, 8:13 pm, Nayab wrote:

On Jun 17, 1:00 pm, Esradekan wrote:

I wish to have cells with comments, but I dont want the little red
flag that sits on the top right of the cell. Can this be done? I
have excel 2007

TIA
Esra

U can use the following:
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator

Where do I put that?

Esra

just run the following macro and then u can place the comments in any
of the cell without the comment tip:

sub hide_comment_tip()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
end sub- Hide quoted text -

That doesnt seem to work, it takes away the 'comments' as well. All I
want to lose is the comments marker.

Any other suggestions?

All greatfully received.

TIA
Esra- Hide quoted text -

Hi Esra,

I hope the following helps:

Sub hide_comment_tip_display_comment()
Dim r As Range
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
Range("A1:A10").Select
For Each r In Selection
r.Select
With ActiveCell
If (.Comment Is Nothing) Then

Else
r.Comment.Visible = True
End If
End With
Next r
End Sub

You can change the range to suit your needs.

Rgds,
Nayab- Hide quoted text -

That still takes away the comments

:((

Esra

I thought I had replied to this. Maybe it's a different thread. Maybe
I am crazy.

I think the comments are still there, but the only way to access them
is to use Edit Comment. You can't take away the corner marker and
still have the hover-pop-up function work. So you would have to know
which cells have comments.

And, at least in Excel 2003, you can turn this on and off in Options.
Doesn't require VBA.