Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default Formula result based on Multiple IFs

=IF(I1=A,[formula1],IF(I2=B,[formula2],IF(I3=C,[formula3],[formula4])))

Instead of [formula4] you could have another if statement, but you're
limited to 6 or 7 (I forget which).

YOu could also have hidden columns, one for each formula, and have an
individual IF in each, then add up these columns to get a final result?

"Neil M" wrote:

I have a spreadhseet where I need to have a formula based on any one of
several possible criterium. THis is for calculating the amount of reinforcing
steel in a wall slab or footing by linear feet and then over to tons.

Cell E1 is a named list (type1) that gives 3 possibles Wall, Slab or Footing

Cell I1 lets me choose the configuration (each way top, each way bottom,
each way vertical, each way horizontal, top, bottom, each face, each way each
face)

What I want is as follows:
IF I1 = a then formula 1
IF I1 =b then formula 2
IF I1 = c then formula 3

etc etc.
However I need all the poosible formulas to be entered

I have been trying to use a combination of IF as well as AND, but I cannot
get it to work.